Monday, May 9, 2011

Rotten luck.

Happy finals week to me. This was also supposed to be the week of my checkride. Unfortunately, just after I finished planning my super epic cross-country to Spokane, I got a call saying that my examiner is sick and wanted to reschedule for next week. I don't really need the extra time to study or anything, but I guess it means I'll be able to get over my own stupid cold and at least not be in the middle of finals week trying to take a checkride.

Anyway, Bryce ran off to Alaska. He's flying Caravans and laughing at moose and having fun. I'm quite happy for him.

However, in the same vein, I was informed today that Jesse has gotten a job at Boeing.

According to my friend, who's another of Jesse's students, Jesse is going to go down to working part time at least at first to see how it works out with flying, but beyond that, we don't know. I don't have the mental capacity to be upset about it yet, but trust me, it'll come soon enough. I'm hoping he only just found out today and wasn't keeping it from me just for the sake of not wanting me to panic just before a checkride. I just talked to him about this yesterday, how when Jon left, I thought I must have been cursed to be able to run off a ground instructor and two flight instructors inside of five months. Now I guess we can add at least one and possibly two to that list. I don't know. I haven't heard anything straight from him yet, and I'll feel better (or worse) once I do. At least I'll know what's going on. I don't want to ask him, though. I'd rather let him tell me when he wants me to know. At least I'll be prepared, I guess. Aaaaaahh. Still going to go be sad, though. He's certainly grown on me, and I've learned a lot from him. Sigh.

No comments: